Sunday, October 31, 2010

More Rabbits for the Brood

Ok, so I'm addicted. Addicted to rabbits. The babies are so adorable and cute it's hard to think I have to sell them. We lost one on Thursday, because it got out of the box (probably attached to its mother) and froze. It was sad, but no one cried, we know it's just part of life. Their color has already started and they are beautiful. We have one blue, sable, and two black.

I finally found a mini lop female with broken chinchilla color for my male mini lop Cutie. I also learned that two broken rabbits mating can make a Charlie, which is a rabbit who has only 10% or less of color. So my idea of mating my two tri color mini rex was probably not that great of an idea. Also, if you mate a rabbit with one buck and then put a different buck with her, she will have more kits, but also there will be different colors and different dads. Amazing. There is so much to learn.

2 comments:

  1. May sound silly, bnut I've never seen a baby rabbit ever. Amazing and so many held in the palm of a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing, and they grow so fast. They are fat little fur balls now.

    ReplyDelete