Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Where has the time gone? Do you remember when your were a kid thinking it took forever till your birthday or till Christmas. Felt like it would never end. Now that your older you wish it would come to a screeching halt! for just a few weeks so you could enjoy the time instead of it passing you by? I have had to realize that life goes very fast. My older three children are all hitting the adolescent age...ahh! My daughter said she doesn't want to shave! Good for her stay a kid even if it means you will have to put on extra deodorant so your not stinky! And what is with my 9 year old having hair under his arms. He's not ready to be a teen yet! SCREECHING HALT!

I have gotten used to the idea they will grow up and I will get old, but I look forward to the day when I can be a granma and give granma kisses and spoil kids who aren't mine, but they are a direct lineage of me...then I can send them home spoiled and rotten, and my kids can say you never let me do that. Ya darn right I didn't! hahaha

So what has the New year brought you? Well I got into the tedious task of Couponing. Who knew it was such a pain in the butt. I thought I could clip and shop, but no... people, there is a science to this let me tell you. The first night I clipped and searched sales it took me 4 hours. I went to the store and came out crying because I spent $50. Where was the saving in that? The next time I went I did my research better and I actually came out with a cart full of groceries for $90!!! I saved $90 with coupons!!! It was wonderful and now I'm hooked.

Here's what I have figured out. Clip all your coupons, and you can search the web sites like Couponmom.com or Couponsavings.com, to get some of the good deals and more coupons. I like to look at coupon mom (has great tutorial) to get an idea, but I am very much a hands on person, so I take all the ads from the newspaper and circle everything I have a coupon for that I want and that is on sale, then I make a list of who has the better savings with the coupons I have ...ie Krogers has soup 10/$10, and CVS has it Buy one can get on free and they are $1, I have two coupons for $0.40 off three cans of soup. I pick the one who has a better deal.

 Krogers and Meijers double their coupons, so if I have a $0.40 coupon, I will get an additional $0.40 off, so that a total savings of $0.80. Once i have decided which stores I want to use the coupons with I put them in a file and go shopping with the ad in hand, so I don't have to rummage through coupons I can just look at my ad. Sometimes they let you use more than one coupon on the same item as well. CVS and Walgreens have the extra bucks coupons, but sometimes it feels as if you just spending to get their free coupons.

My best deal was at Krogers the razors were buy one get one free, and I had 4 $2.00 off coupons. I ended up paying $4.00 for 4 packs of razors that at regular price would have cost me $28. YEAH!
It is time consuming and tedious but worth the effort. I spent a total of $230, and with the coupons and sales I saved a total of $210, with $5 spending bucks at CVS and Walgreens.

Happy Clipping Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment